Rockville MD Pain Management Doctor Q&A
Come to Physicians Now Urgent Care for a healthier way to a pain-free life. Call us today. We accept walk-ins also. We are conveniently located at 15215 Shady Grove Road, Suite 100, Rockville, MD 20850.
Table of Contents:
Pain is a generalized term referring to any form of discomfort or suffering caused by an illness or injury. Pain is experienced by everyone at some point in their life, from headaches to stubbed toes, and broken bones to paper cuts. While most pain is manageable and fleeting, some pain is uncontrollable and persistent.
A pain management doctor specializes in treating, diagnosing, and managing pain and a wide array of painful disorders. A pain management doctor cares for the health needs of people with acute, chronic, and cancer pain. Pain medicine doctors specialize in both the physical and mental aspects of pain management because pain is complex and covers a wide spectrum of conditions. A pain management doctor typically:
• Evaluates your medical history and test results
• Performs a physical exam
• Evaluates your answers to pain questionnaires
• Orders and interprets imaging exams, laboratory tests, muscle and nerve studies, and neurologic exams
• Diagnoses and treats spinal stenosis, herniated discs, cancer pain, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches, sports injuries, diabetic neuropathy, and burn pain
• Prescribes medications
• Orders physical therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, electrical stimulation therapy, and counseling
• Performs therapeutic injections and nerve blocks
• Refers you to an appropriate surgeon if necessary
A pain management doctor may also be known as a pain medicine specialist, pain medicine doctor, or pain medicine physician.
If you continue to experience pain after receiving treatment for your injury or illness, there are ways to manage the pain. Conventional pain management techniques include medications and physical therapy. A provider might also recommend psychological counseling, surgical intervention, acupuncture, or alternative medical treatments.
Pain management doctors can treat a vast variety of different conditions, including:
• Auto accidents
• Sports injuries
• Hip, knee, neck pain
• Arthritis pain
• Muscle & nerve pain (neuropathy)
• Shoulder pain
• TMJ (temporomandibular joint) pain
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Disc injuries
• Tennis elbow
• Plantar fasciitis
• Pinched nerves
• Back care during pregnancy
Essentially, pain management doctors can treat virtually everything that causes pain, so you can trust the experts!
If you or someone you know is experiencing mild to severe pain, come to Physicians Now Urgent Care, where our team of professionals can help reduce and eliminate your pain, all with the use of natural treatments! To get in touch with a specialist, contact our office today. Visit us online or give us a call to book an appointment! We serve patients from Rockville MD, Travilah MD, Kensington MD, Potomac MD, Cloverly MD, Redland MD, and Gaithersburg MD.